Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More of Paris

Since I am trying to blog as much as possible before I am no longer able to do so as often, here's another post :) :

Our program officially started today at 5pm, so that means no more speaking English anywhere in France for us; although, most of us were already trying to speak French most of the time anyway. :) I'm sure that this will cause quite a few made-up words that just stick. Apparently there's at least one with each group that goes every year. Wonder what ours will be... ?

Yesterday was hang-with-MoMo day. It was awesome. We went to l'Arc de Triomphe, la Grande Arche, a couple of fun cafes, and a few other places.
Picture:
That's MoMo!

Today was fun, but I'm glad to be done walking around. We didn't get on the metro or RER once today. We walked to a flower market, walked to Notre Dame, toured Sainte Chapelle church and the Conciergerie (prison where Marie Antoinette stayed before her execution), got sandwiches, and hung out in Luxembourg Garden. The last to arrive was M. Dubernet, so the program started once he got to our hotel. After he arrived, we had some celebratory drinks followed by a couple of bottles of wine in front of the Pantheon and running from the rain (it's supposed to rain on and off for the rest of our time in Paris :-/ ).
And of course there are pictures:
Pretty flowers!

Lunch in Luxembourg Garden - Jessica, Kim, Julie, & Carla.

Carla, Kim, & Julie

Wine in front of the Pantheon.

Tomorrow we start our self-guided tour of Paris including student presentations at each site. Mine is Sacré-Coeur. :) Wish me luck!

PS
I miss my friends back home! <3

5 comments:

  1. Your friends at home miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you sing at that church? I know you've at least visited it before...
    Miss ya....Nimbus gives hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we didn't sing a mass there, and I can't remember doing a concert there either - I think I'd remember that, so we probably only toured it. Our "super special church" in Paris was Notre Dame.
    It is one of my favorite sites in Paris though, and the view from the front cannot be beat!

    Give Nimbus hugs and kisses back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the Jardin de Luxembourg where we saw children sailing toy sailboats in a pond?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I didn't see anyone doing so that day, but the day before, I saw a guy walking toward the gardens with a little sailboat.

    ReplyDelete