Monday, May 24, 2010

No luggage. No worries.

My luggage didn't make it on my flight to France, and according to Charles de Gaulle airport, it didn't make it on the next flight out of Houston either. It's a little frustrating, but I'm actually not that worried about it. True, I have only one other change of clothes, but I didn't have to worry about navigating the RER from CDG to our hotel with luggage the first time I did it. Now, it's easy, so if I have to go get it, there won't be any problem. (They are supposed to bring it to me free of charge though once it comes in, so I still probably won't have to worry about it.)
My only slight concern is that they don't seem to think it's any sort of priority even though there are 20 or so other bags that got left from my flight (they forgot an entire carton thing that they put the bags in), and I'll only be in Paris until the 28th. After that, they'll have to get my bag to Barcelonnette, which will take way longer.
[EDIT 24/05/2010 12:08pm: They found it! It did make the flight, and it's being delivered today!]


So far, speaking French has been difficult - mainly because I get very frustrated with the fact that it takes me a while to formulate sentences correctly, especially when jet-lagged. Bleh. I trust that in a few days it will start to come more easily, especially if I can remember just to chill out and not worry about using perfect grammar all the time.

Yesterday was pretty insane after the whole bag fiasco then waiting for 4 hours at CDG for Jessica (only to not be able to actually find her), whose flight got delayed when leaving Chicago. We both made it to our hotel separately though, so it all worked out. After that, we walked around Paris, and I played with my camera.
Here are a few pictures of my first day of adventures:

Caleb, Jessica, Julie, Kim, & Carla at the fountain on Place Saint-Michel.

Jessica & Julie

The Champs Élysées was closed to traffic for an agriculture festival! Crazy!

Eiffel Tower & the Seine

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Sounds exciting (?) so far. Keep us posted Karen

    ReplyDelete